The Archbishop’s Scholarship for Leadership in Catholic Education has been set up to foster the pursuit of Catholic higher education for educators within our CISVA schools. The Archbishop’s Scholarship will reimburse successful applicants their tuition fees upon completion of each of three designated Catholic Core courses: Foundations of Theology (THEO 501), Christian Morality (THEO 530), and Introduction to Scripture (SCRI 505), known as the Catholic Core.
Working in partnership with St. Mark’s College, the Archdiocese, and CISVA have organized the following Catholic Core courses that are eligible for the Archbishop’s Scholarship. These courses include:
|Course||Details ^||Course Dates||Archbishop’s Scholarship*||Application Deadline|
THEO 530: Christian Morality
Instructor: Dr. Carolyn Roeber, OP
|Further information||Sept. 20-21
THEO 501: Foundations of Theology
Instructor: Dr. Nicholas Olkovich
|Further information||Jan. 10-11
|Summer 1 2020
SCRI 505: Introduction to Scripture
Instructor: Fr. Nicholas Meisl
|Further information||Apr. 17-18
|Summer 2020 – ONLINE ONLY – TBA||Further information||ONLINE ONLY||$1,110*||TBA|
^ The regular St. Mark’s College application has been simplified for CISVA applicants. Please register under “Catholic Core” as this will allow you to register for the eligible courses.
* The Archbishop‘s Scholarship covers the tuition fee for the course only and does not include any fees charged by either St. Mark’s College or the University of British Columbia. It is also a taxable benefit.
- Open to all TRB-certified teachers from CISVA and Congregational schools within the Archdiocese of Vancouver.
- The scholarship is also open to Education Assistants, Vice-Principals, and Principals.
- If an applicant already has a master’s degree, or if an applicant does not have an undergraduate degree, it is possible to audit the course.
- Successful applicants will have demonstrated leadership experience or show promise in the areas of religious education, faith development, campus ministry, or working as department heads, vice-principals and principals.
- The Archbishop’s Scholarship applies only to designated courses Catholic Core courses offered through St. Mark’s College at the University of British Columbia. It provides for full tuition reimbursement for these courses upon successful completion (defined as attaining a course grade of 70% or better). Scholarships are available for up to 3 courses.
- Applicants must be employed by a Catholic school within the Archdiocese of Vancouver and be under contract at the time of course engagement.
- Preference will be given to teachers on a continuing/grandfather contract but short-term contract holders are eligible to apply.