The Archbishop’s Scholarship for Leadership in Catholic Education has been set up to foster the pursuit of Catholic higher education for teachers within our CISVA schools who have demonstrated or have the potential for leadership within CISVA. The Archbishop’s Scholarship will reimburse successful applicants their tuition fees upon completion of the designated courses.
Working in partnership with St. Mark’s College, the Archdiocese, and CISVA have organized the following courses for 2017 that are eligible for the Archbishop’s Scholarship. These courses include:
||Details^||Course Dates||Archbishop’s Scholarship*||Application
Introduction to Scripture
|Further information||7-8 April; 5-9 pm, 9-5 pm
12-13 May; 5-9 pm, 9-5 pm
16-17 June; 5-9 pm, 9-5 pm
|$1,110||February 27, 2017|
Foundations of Theology
|Further information||4-14 July
(4 hours per weekday)
|$1,110||May 15, 2017|
|Further information||Friday evening and Saturday format
spread over 3 weekends in September,
October and November
(Specific dates TBC)
|$1,110||July 15, 2017|
^ The regular St. Mark’s College application has been simplified for CISVA applicants. Please register under “Catholic Core” as this will allow you to take one course per term
* The Archbishop‘s Scholarship covers the tuition fee for the course only and does not include any fees charged by either St. Mark’s College or the University of British Columbia.
- Open to all teachers (full- or part-time TRB certified) from CISVA and Congregational schools within the Archdiocese of Vancouver.
- Successful applicants will have demonstrated leadership experience or show promise in the areas of religious education, faith development, campus ministry, or working as department heads, vice-principals and principals.
- The Archbishop’s Scholarship applies only to designated courses offered through St. Mark’s College at the University of British Columbia in 2017 that are listed above. It provides for full tuition reimbursement for these courses upon successful completion (defined as attaining a course grade of 70% or better). Scholarships are available for up to 3 courses offered in 2017.
- Applicants must be employed by a Catholic school within the Archdiocese of Vancouver and are under contract at the time of course engagement.
Superintendent’s Office | 604.683.9331 | email@example.com