Careers in Catholic Education
View All Career Opportunities
Our Hiring Process for Teachers
STEP 1: APPLICATION
2. Please ensure that the following documents are uploaded on your profile and accompany your application:
- BC Teaching Certificate [Website link]
- Criminal Record Check (if you are outside of BC)
- Cover Letter
- Proof of Eligibility to Work in Canada (Canadian Birth Certificate, Canadian Citizenship Card, Permanent Residence, etc.)
- Baptismal Certificate
- Catholic Marriage Certificate (if applicable)
- University Transcripts
- Teacher Practicum Evaluation
- Philosophy of Education
- Two Recent Reference Letters (Professional & Character)
- Applicant Declaration for Catholics [Download] or Applicant Declaration for Non-Catholics [Download]
- Statement of Health and Character [Download]
- Verification of Teaching Experience (TOC and EA not applicable) [Download]
- Catholic Pastoral Reference (for Catholic applicants) or Non-Catholic Pastoral Reference (for non-Catholic applicants) [Download]
***For the Catholic Pastoral Reference (for Catholic Applicants) and Non-Catholic Pastoral Reference you must download the appropriate form, provide it to your Pastor for signing, and have them submit it directly to email@example.com.
3. Apply to a job posting.
Need Assistance with your Account? Contact Make A Future here
STEP 2: APPROVAL INTERVIEW
All applicants wishing to work for Vancouver Catholic Schools must first be approved by the Superintendent’s Office. Interviews with the Associate Superintendent of Human Resources will be scheduled once all documents are received.
Please note: Only applicants that have been approved by the Superintendent’s Office can be interviewed for posted positions.
STEP 3: HIRING INTERVIEWS
Principals of individual schools will interview applicants obtained from the Superintendent’s Office. Short listed applicants will be recalled for a second interview with the local school authority.
STEP 4: POSITION OFFERED
Of the short-listed applicants, the local school authority decides the candidate to whom the position will be offered. The contract and other documents are signed at the school level between the applicant and the individual school.
TEACHER ON CALL
Vancouver Catholic Schools are currently accepting applications from individuals interested in Teacher On Call work. For TOC work applicants, resumes can be sent directly to the school’s principal. For a complete listing of our schools and contact information, please click here.
FIND OUT MORE ABOUT US
- Catholic Education in BC [PDF coming soon]
- Teach with the CISVA – Where Faith and Knowledge Meet [PDF will auto-download]