In light of the tragic news regarding the discovery of 215 children buried at the Kamloops Residential School, the CISVA community wishes to express our collective sense of deep sadness and shock. Throughout the week, our office and school communities will be provided with opportunities for prayer and learning. In solidarity with First Nations communities, our schools will lower their flags to half mast and will observe two minutes of silence at 2:15 pm on Monday, May 31, 2021. Students and staff in our schools and office may also wear orange during the week to show support for residential school survivors and their families.
- Archdiocese of Vancouver – Commitment to Truth & Reconciliation with First Nations and Indigenous People
- Archbishop Miller’s Interview with CBC Radio (0:22:50-0:45:32) – June 8, 2021
- Frequently Asked Questions Resource – June 4, 2021
- CISVA Letter – June 2, 2021
- Archbishop Miller’s Expression of Commitment – June 2, 2021
- Archbishop Miller’s Expression of Apology and Hope – June 2, 2015
- Archbishop Miller’s Expression of Apology and Hope – September 20, 2013
Indigenous Education Resources
The following resources were shared at the CISVA Principals’ Meeting on Thursday, September 16, 2021
- First Peoples Map of B.C.
- Truth and Reconciliation Week (National Centre for Truth and Reconciliation)
- Indigenous Education Resources (BC Curriculum Ministry of Education)
- Indigenous Peoples Atlas of Canada (Canadian Geographic)
Last updated: September 16, 2021.